Head of Finance - fully qualified
£65000 - £80000 per annum
Supporting the Group FC, reporting into the board, the Head of Finance is responsible for the day to day running of the finance department including the month-end close, managing and developing the finance team, driving key systems and financial process improvements.
- Management of the finance function: Oversee all day-to-day finance processes including bank and cash flow management (TO £40M), HR, outsourced payroll and accounts payable, banking approvals, financial controls, balance sheet reconciliations and liaising with the Group (TO £7B).
- Internal Reporting: Timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis, including compilation of financial statements, monthly reporting/presentations.
- Financial Controls: Lead and manage all local financial and controlling processes ensuring the business adheres to the delegated levels of authority.
- External financial reporting: All legal, statutory and group requirements for reporting and control including HMRC/Companies House.
- Team leadership: Manage, develop, coach and motivate a team of 3 financial analysts and part qualified accountants.
- Strategic and operational projects: leading and supporting across various projects, unit economics and cost apportionment, while continuously looking to optimise and improve our financial and wider business processes and controls.
- Audit: Liaise with our Big 4 auditors, answering all their questions and providing all information requested.
- Previous direct line management experience
- Fully qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA, with 3+ years PQE
- Knowledge of Sage Line 200, Power BI, and Excel
- Prior experience in similar roles within ecommerce, automotive, Medical, Petrochemical, FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Chemicals, Scientific orManufacturing
- Experience in finance transformation and system development
- Strong P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and group accounts
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate financial concepts simply and clearly to non-financial audiences, balancing high standards with a pragmatic approach to make progress in the most efficient way.
Benefits included parking, hybrid (3d per week in office) rising holiday, pension, salary up to £80K dep. on experience.