Harvey John are working closely with this well established firm of Accountants in Leatherhead in their search for a Business Services Manager. The role is a Fixed Term Contract lasting roughly 12 months to cover maternity leave.
Joining their Corporate Services Team, you'll be at the forefront of this firm's outsourcing function, working with a range of SMEs up to Group size clients. As such, you will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills and a strong personality, alongside a solid knowledge of accounting.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with a client portfolio within an accountancy practice and will likely have started studying for a professional accounting qualification. There is study support available for this position, the firm are looking for someone who would like to develop internally and that they can invest in.
- Review of management accounts for UK and multi-national companies and
groups, prepared by staff within the department
- Advising on VAT and PAYE matters, including the review of quarterly VAT
returns, EC sales lists and Intrastats
- Corresponding with clients on a day to day basis in respect of general business
advice on a wide range of subjects to clients
- Assisting startups in all aspects of financial support
- Implementation of accounting and computerised financial systems
- Review of annual accounts for sole traders, partnerships, companies, LLPs and
charities prepared in house
- UK and International financial reporting
- Multi currency accounting
- One-off project work
- Preparation of business plans, budgets and cashflow forecasts
- Reviewing and reporting on financial information systems
- Day to day management of staff and development, including bi-annual appraisals
- Hold a recognised Accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA)
- Excellent technical skills
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Team player
- Professionalism and commitment
- Ability to delegate and manage staff
- Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline environment
- Ability to manage a portfolio of clients
- Management accounting skills
- Excellent IT skills
For more information, please apply or contact Alex Baxter Smith at Harvey John.
Please note the salary range has been set by the agency. Salary expectations will be discussed upon application.