Horsham, West Sussex
Salary £25,000-27,000pa (open to AAT study support)
An industry leading client with an excellent reputation for customer care and retention is presently seeking a Credit Controller to join their business. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, this person will be joining a highly welcoming and supportive finance team of long-standing staff. Having placed people with the business previously, we have had notably positive feedback about the working environment and staff there.
My client is looking for a dedicated and focused individual with existing Credit Control experience. They will provide full training on their internal systems and processes when this person starts. There is scope for this role to develop in-line with the organisation's continued growth and development.
- Building and maintaining close links with all customers, to ensure smooth running of accounts and encourage timely recovery of payments.
- Contacting customers when payment is overdue, asking them to settle their account and explaining the terms of their credit.
- Effectively dealing with customer account queries/complaints, including liaising with other departments, to ensure they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion. To ensure all customer queries are logged and recorded on the Credit Control system.
- Managing the Credit Control inbox
- Negotiating, getting approval and setting up re-payment plans.
- Checking customer's credit ratings using a specialised database, including setting up and monitoring of new sales ledger accounts.
- Following the company's default process and sending cases to the company's appointed solicitors.
- Logging judgements with the small claims court.
- Monthly reports (disputed transactions, unallocated cash and aged debtors)
- Setting up Direct Debits
- Liaising with the admin team to resolve any issues relating to the Direct Debit queries before next Direct Debit is due to be collected.
- Sales Order Creation
- Setting up and administering contracts
- Ad hoc assistance as required by the Financial Controller
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.