DBA – SQL
c. £50000 + Private healthcare scheme, pension parking, 25 days holiday per year - 35 hour working week
Fantastic opportunity due to expansion; a software company are seeking a SQL Database Administrator (DBA) to work across the business platforms. The SQL DBA role will be required to work with the Product Managers, senior developers and other members of each product team to support them in their design and implementation of all SQL applications.
- Experience of installing, administering and troubleshooting SQL Environments to resolve critical database issues including SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
- Have extensive knowledge and be proficient in utilising all features within SQL Server together with a full understanding of feature differences between each version.
- A thorough knowledge of database design and programming (T-SQL)
- Knowledge and experience of Business intelligence (BI) platforms including SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Possess a strong technical understanding of SQL environments – ability to pro-actively suggest recommendations
- Excellent analytical skills – ability to undergo and investigate task within structural processes.
- Database modelling and consolidation
- An understanding and practical knowledge of .Net framework, in particular Entity Framework and Visual Studio Team Foundation Server would be an advantage.
- A good knowledge of ETL and database warehouse design
- Building highly available and resilient SQL server solutions
- A comprehensive knowledge of SQLSentry or other similar database analytical tools
- Assist with the design and implementation of tables, stored procedures, functions, models, security and jobs within all SQL applications
- Ensure application databases meet business and performance standards
- Monitor database performance and provide statistics and performance data to teams on a regular basis
- Identify and diagnose areas of poor performance and propose relevant solutions to ensure optimal configuration and performance
- Assist with reconfiguration, translation and migration of data in systems
- Ensure all SQL instances are correctly patched on a regular basis and free of vulnerabilities
- Provide developers, testers and customers with realistic test data, providing advice on improvements, design and programming best practice. Assisting with back up/recovery procedures, and data exports.
This company offer progression, development and great office environment with flexi hours – 35 hour working week.